Pugwash ED Temporary Closures - Week of Oct 13 to 19
Nova Scotia Health Authority wishes to advise the public the emergency department at the North Cumberland Collaborative Emergency Centre in Pugwash will be CLOSED follows:
• Friday, October 13 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Saturday, October 14 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Sunday, October 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Monday, October 16 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, October 17 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Wednesday, October 18 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The department is scheduled to be open on Thursday, October 19.
These closures are necessary because no physician coverage is available.
The overnight coverage (8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.) provided by the paramedic/registered nurse/oversight physician team will be available as usual.
Those experiencing a medical emergency should always call 911. General health concerns can also be directed to HealthLink 811 where advice and information are available around the clock by simply dialing 811. The Mental Health Crisis Line operates 24/7 at 1-888-429-8167.
Anyone who is unclear on a proper course of action may also contact the Hospital at 902-243-2521 extension 1.
-- 30 –
Contact: Ann Keddy, Senior Communications Advisor, 902-664-6359