Repairs to electrical system will impact some services at New Waterford Consolidated Hospital
Repairs to the electrical system will impact some services at New Waterford Consolidated Hospital on Friday and Saturday.
In order to repair the electrical distribution panel, planned power shutdowns are scheduled for Friday, Jan. 4 from 7:00 – 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 – 4:00 p.m. as well as Saturday, Jan. 5 from 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 – 4:30 p.m. at the hospital.
Some services will be impacted by the shutdown including:
• Walk-in blood collection will be unavailable on Friday, Jan. 4. While the service is down, people needing walk-in blood collection can go to either Glace Bay Hospital or the Cape Breton Regional Hospital. The service resumes regular hours on Tuesday, Jan. 8.
• Walk-in x-ray service will close at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 4.
• The emergency department will be open on Friday, Jan. 4 and closed on Saturday, Jan. 5. If you need emergency services, call 911 or go to the emergency department at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital. If you have a NON-URGENT health matter, call 811 to speak to a registered nurse.
• Elevators will be unavailable only during Friday’s shutdowns.
• All other clinics/services, including primary health care physician and nurse practitioner offices, are open on Friday, Jan. 4.
• Regular inpatient services and visiting hours will continue on Friday and Saturday. Staff will still provide care, meals and medication to patients/residents.
While these repairs are necessary, Nova Scotia Health Authority regrets any inconvenience they may cause and appreciates the public’s patience while the work takes place.
Communications & Public Relations