Nova Scotia Brotherhood Initiative is a free program for Black men to access health care in the community to improve overall health and wellbeing. A team of health care professionals provide culturally-appropriate primary medical care plus health and wellness services for men of African descent across Halifax Regional Municipality.
Health and wellness services include:
- Primary medical care
- Health promotion and wellness education
- Chronic disease management
- Navigation to community resources
- Variety of free health and wellness programs (.pdf) throughout the year.
Locations and contact information
260 Wyse Road, Dartmouth
Upper Hammonds Plains Community Centre
711 Pockwock Road, Upper Hammonds Plains
North Preston Community Centre
44 Simmonds Road, North Preston
Men's Health League (Support Group Info)
The Men’s Health League is a volunteer peer-to-peer support group for Black men to spread key health messages to other men in the community through social and physical activities, as well as promote the health and wellness services of the Nova Scotia Brotherhood health care team.
Members of the Men’s Health League:
- Serve as a health role model in the community
- Share health information on key topics
- Engage friends and family in wellness and healthy living
- Report back about emerging health issues
- Act as a bridge between community members and the Nova Scotia Brotherhood health care team
To become a member of the Men’s Health League contact us at 902-434-0824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents, Forms and Schedules
For Healthcare Professionals
Please visit the Nova Scotia Brotherhood Initiative corporate page.